Wednesday 25 June 2014

Rediscovering Old Clothes

When I reached fifteen weeks pregnant, my everyday clothes started to feel just a bit too uncomfortable. So they all got packed up in a big box and put in the spare bedroom and off I went in the search of maternity and very stretchy clothes.

Ofcourse these clothes have either been sold or gone to charity and I found myself living in jeans or leggings with a variety of baggy tops.Then six weeks ago I braved the box of clothes to see what I could fit into. I'll be honest, there are still some items which are a bit too snug, but most of it is perfect.... yippee!

I have always been a hoarder when it comes to clothes. A colleague of mine has the strict rule that if something hasn't been worn in a year, its goes to charity. But I've always had a wardrobe ranging in sizes 8-14, and when my body and shape has changed as much as it has in the last year, these different sizes are very handy. And luckily they are mainly summer dresses and skirts which in the last few days have come in very handy!

Now this would be when I upload photos of all the rediscovered outfits, but as much as I try to take the photos/ selfies, they just won't come out right thanks to lighting, trying to get the right angle and having a baby therefore not being able to spend an hour doing a mini photo shoot.

But have a rummage through your wardrobe when you get a chance, you may be surprised and find a few forgotten treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment